Friday, May 10, 2013

Fishing with family and friends April 5th and 6th

 I had a great weekend. I had to of my brothers come down for the weekend and our plan was to hit Chouteau Bend for the sand bass. Jim ( my oldest brother ) brought his wife and a 17 year old young lady by the name of Valerie. We splashed the boat around 8 am Friday morning and we where off looking for sandbass. It took a few stops to pin point them down but when we did it was game on with Valerie leading the way. It took my Brother Bill a few misses to get the hang of it but he put his share of fish in the boat. Jim had been several times in the spring with me so he pretty well had it down pat. We went out the next day and didnt do as well but still had a great time. After waiting in between bites we decided to let Valerie try her hand at some spoonbill. I gave her a little instruction and you would of thought she had been doing this her whole life. The one she hooked weighed in around 55 lbs. Between 2 days of fishing we caught around 130 sandbass and 3 spoonbill.

 
   



No comments:

Post a Comment