Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sept. 21st. Fishing with the grand kids

The wife and I hitched up the camper and went to Skiatook Lake this past Thursday. The grandkids came out Friday night and we had enough daylight left  to get them into some hybrid action. Life- jackets on and off we go. Stopped on some decent looking fish activity and put out some down lines and free lines. It wasn't but a few minutes and the first fish was on with Landon ( who is 5 ) doing battle with a little help from papa. As soon as that fish hit the boat,  Kylie ( who is 9 ) had one. It took a few minutes of her doing battle to figure out who was going to win, but she finally got the fish close enough for me to scoop it out of the water. This went on for about an hour and then the cleaning started. It was a great time for my wife and I to spend time with our grandkids. For me this is what life is all about. I do have another grandkid Zach who is 2 and he is going to have a little sister in the real near future. I can't wait to be able to do it all over again with Zach and his little sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment